Compliance Manager – Energy
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the growing Regulation and Compliance team, and to lead the development of a fit for purpose compliance framework.
At OVO, we want to make energy simple, but it’s a complicated business. We need someone who can help build compliant ways of working that also make our customers happy. As a fast-growing business, we need someone who can make sure we keep track of the raft of regulatory changes that will impact our business and remain compliant with all regulations but still be agile and innovative. We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
As the Compliance Manager, you will:
- Manage two compliance leads
- Be responsible for the triage and management of all compliance issues and queries in to the Compliance team
- Be responsible for supporting the team in the introduction of new regulatory change e.g. compliance with new principles developed by Ofgem
- Develop a robust compliance monitoring process ensuring compliance audits are carried out, and issues are resolved
- Determine and create the appropriate suite of compliance policies for Energy Retail
- Design compliance training for Energy Retail
- Support the Head of Regulation and Compliance on any enforcement related activities
- Develop the compliance framework, for example designing compliance reporting to highlight compliance issues to senior management.
That sounds super exciting, but…do I have what it takes?
- Good knowledge of the supply licence and other regulatory obligations
- Experience of implementing policies and processes to ensure compliance
- Experience of managing a team
- An interest in the broader regulatory environment and changes
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work autonomously and prioritise
- The ability to understand and simplify complex issues
- A keen eye for detail, with a desire for continuous process improvement
- Proactive and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- A logical approach to problems and committed to developing solutions to compliance challenges
- The ability to digest complex information and shape it into a structured, coherent, written argument
- The flexibility to work independently in a fast-paced environment and take on work as required
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
From us you’ll get ...
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus every 6 months
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 3% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days’ holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of Compliance Manager (Energy), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Compliance Manager, Energy, Energy Compliance Manager, Regulatory & Compliance Manager, Regulatory Policy Manager, Senior Auditor, Compliance.