Trafford Housing Trust is looking for an enthusiastic Electrician to join their busy Property Services team.
Working as part of the Repairs team, the successful candidate will provide a high quality electrical service to our customers in their own homes. In addition to this, the successful applicant will also work in empty properties, helping to get them ready for customers to move into.
The successful candidate will have experience of providing excellent customer service and will understand relevant health and safety regulations in relation to the role of an electrician.
Experience of using power tools and working at heights is required as well as being organised and having a can-do attitude. A full, clean driving licence is required for this position.
The main duties of the role include:
- Electrical testing and inspecting within the given timescales
- Ability to carry out basic plumbing eg remove and renew electric shower
- Ability to work on domestic & commercial properties
- Able to work in tenanted properties or lone working in empty properties
- Experience using a mobile device such as an iPad to update jobs and order materials is an advantage
- Be fully aware of health & safety risks within the role.
- Able to work using own initiative without make decisions without constant referral to line manager
- Responsible for your to ensure work is completed “right first time”
- Covering the out of hours on call rota
The successful candidate will be an accredited electrician who has NVQ level 3 qualifications or equivalent and holds 17th edition City & Guilds (2382). They must have multi skilled knowledge and be able to complete inspections and testing City & Guilds (2391/4/5). A driving licence is essential, and the successful candidate must be available to work on the out of hours call out rota. A minimum of 2 years’ experience within social housing would be an advantage. The successful candidate must be committed to ongoing technical training and updating of qualifications when needed.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email