Sales Administrative Support / Sales Administrator
Job Title: Administrative Support to the Sales Desks
Salary: c. £21,000 depending on experience.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (7am - 4pm, one hour lunch + 1 Saturday in 3 (9am - 12pm)
The Company is looking for a Sales Administrator to provide support to the Product Manager on our trading desk.
Purpose of the Role:
The objective of this post is to provide admin/ clerical support to the Sales team ensuring the systematic organisation and maintenance of the IT and paper based information flow that is essential to the efficient and effective movement of produce. Working within an office environment, you will be a pro-active and determined character who is capable of multi-tasking and prioritising your work load on a daily basis. The successful applicant will have good communication skills at all levels of interaction, both internally and externally as they will be required to communicate directly with some suppliers, customers and service providers on a daily basis.
- Input of sales data on our IT package; monitoring of stocks and resolution of related queries; collection of prices and input onto system
- Creation and maintenance of files, whether computer or paper based, on products and suppliers; compilation and issue of correspondence (based on guidelines)
- Checking, querying, collation and timely handling of invoices up to the point of payment will be a significant part of this role
- Managing the phone system and communication with customers, suppliers or service providers
The ideal Candidate will have/ be:
- IT literate with word-processing skills, and familiarity with a Windows environment
- Good time management skills and can give evidence of working to deadlines
- Familiar with the use of office equipment including fax, photocopiers
- Good organisational skills and show orderly, systematic and tidy ways of working
- Accurate in your work, demonstrating attention to detail
- An assertive but not an aggressive approach to working with colleagues
- Initiative and an ability to see a job through to its conclusion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Focused on the task in a busy environment
- The ability to work as part of a multi-task team
- A flexible approach
- Ability to learn quickly and show initiative
- Able to works well under pressure
- Experience in the use of Spreadsheets (preferably Excel) would be an advantage
- Experience of working with a data base (ideally Navison) would be an advantage
- Experience of / an interest in working in the fresh produce industry and in a trading environment
- The ambition and potential to develop beyond the initial requirements of the job
- Experience of dealing with customers or suppliers at all levels and resolving queries on a timely basis
- Holidays: 23 days per annum (There may be some public holiday working)
- Pension Scheme after 3 months probation.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of Administrative Assistant, Sales Administrator, Sales Admin, Administrator, Officer Administrator, Office Admin, Office Assistant, Office Associate, Office Support, General Admin, Team Administrator and Business Support Assistant may also be considered for this role.