Dairy Herds Manager SW
De Lacy Executive has been retained to source a senior herdsman with the ability to assume the Dairy Herds Manager role when the existing Herd Manager retires on a diversified estate in the South West. Reporting directly to the Herd Manager, the successful applicant will work towards having responsibility for the 330 cow herd on a well equipped unit, as well as 3 dedicated staff working to the highest standards of animal welfare. A good understanding of a grazing based system would be required and experience in PACE Keenan Feeding would be an advantage.
- Have responsibility for milking, herd health, youngstock and record keeping
- Maintain high standards for themselves and for the farm team
- Maintain high standards of professional integrity and an ethical approach to business as part of the Company's Management Team
- Work with the existing Herd Manager to support the Company's aim for high standards of Health and Safety for its employees, contractors and visitors
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have previous experience in Herd Management and the right personality to be able to eventually lead a team
- Be competent in AI, foot trimming and operating farm vehicles
- Be computer literate with a sound knowledge of herd computer based records; Interherd experience would be ideal but not necessarily required
- Work towards under the guidance of the existing herd manager managing and motivating the farm team through good leadership
- Hold a full valid UK Driving Licence
Remuneration: An attractive package is offered with an attractive three-bedroom house, located on the farm.
Interested? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV in Word Format or PDF to or call Jadine Huxtable on for more information.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is the recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business, Agri-Food and Land-based Business Sectors.
Established in 2000 De Lacy Executive is approved as a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry and is registered with the UK's Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act.