Hot Test TPM Technician
The Darlington Engine Plant of our client, Cummins have a permanent role for a Hot Test TPM Technician. Working within the hot test area to proactively maintain and repair rigging equipment, the job holder is the principle person responsible for carrying out routine maintenance and repairs of all hot test slave rigging equipment and tooling. You will work proactively with shop operations and ACE technicians to ensure correct slave quantities are available to support production. Updating TPM documentation for both existing and new product requirements, ensuring all activities are correct, up to date and carried out to schedule providing completed documentation around TPM and tooling checks. Interaction and stock issue resolution with IESA (onsite stores provider) will be required. Reports to Senior Test Engineer.
- Carries out audits and repairs to hot test slave equipment including tooling & failsafe's
- Maintains and updates TPM process control and ensures correct levels of slave equipment to support production.
- Documents repairs and maintenance completed.
- Implements preventative TPM improvements, updates inspection schedules to eliminate /minimize unplanned slave equipment failures.
- Assists in development of new equipment requirements and TPM testing processes.
- Carries out inspection and testing processes to ensure equipment is available and capable.
- Participates in daily pass rate meetings and advises on activities to improve hot test equipment.
- Raises service requests with facilities to ensure cleanliness is maintained throughout the area
- Carries out pallet and station audits to raise appropriate maintenance requests.
- Liaise with production control for forecast to ensure correct tooling and equipment is to hand.
ONC level or appropriate apprenticeship including academic qualifications.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 years' experience working in a similar role in an Assembly related Manufacturing environment.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of tools and TPM processes.
- Some previous experience within the test environment understanding of engine requirements and rigging equipment.
- Knowledge of Diesel engines optional but preferred.
- Use of Microsoft excel and PowerPoint