About The Role
Do you want a career where your extensive statistical expertise is utilised in the context of a dynamic research environment? Do you want to get involved in research design, and know that the results of your research will be implemented in the real world?
We are seeking an exceptional Statistician to join our lively team of researchers. We offer a career with constant variety, and which combines sound scientific research with real world implementation.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Design, analysis and presentation of research projects, carrying out a broad range of analyses autonomously and supporting junior members of the team to deliver projects
- Act as the technical lead for complex multidisciplinary teams, including the development of successful tenders
- Discussions with non-technical experts to define research questions, responding to questions on analysis techniques and presenting complex ideas to non-specialists
- Application of techniques including machine learning, generalised linear modelling, time series analysis, Bayesian methods, neural networks and data processing skills including dealing with missing data.
- Writing concise, client-focused technical reports, often for non-technical audiences
- Presentation of findings to clients and senior stakeholders, developing and pursuing new business opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience working in a data science/data analysis/statistical role
- Proven experience of leading research and research teams
- Proven experience of understanding, analysis and presentation of large and complex data
- Ability to think innovatively about data visualisation
- A high level of ability in applying and selecting appropriate analysis techniques is essential
- Creativity in identifying how client's technical needs can be resolved
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement within the business
- Self-motivation, being able to both lead and work as a member of a cross-disciplinary team
- Experienced user of programming languages including R and tools designed for big data. Access/SQL experience would be an advantage
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Good team working skills
All applicants must hold the minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Data Science or Statistics.
Applicants must be fluent in both verbal and written English, and demonstrate the ability to write clear, concise, correctly punctuated and grammatically correct English.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package (including things such as child care vouchers, discounted gym membership etc.)