Poultry Farm Manager - Shropshire - Immediate Start
De Lacy Executive have been retained to source a Farm Manager to manage a poultry breeding laying farm for immediate start.
Our client is a leading supplier of poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. They are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, from feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions, this business is expanding at an expediential rate.
The role of the Farm Manager is for the well-being and performance of the livestock, as well as the upkeep and management of the site. The Farm Manager will be required to supervise farm employees and contractors, and to maintain accurate records as stipulated by our client and UK legislation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FARM MANAGER
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the farm are met.
- Maintaining safe work practices of all employees and contractors on site.
- Ensuring the welfare of livestock, feed ordering, ventilation management, vaccination, record keeping.
- Collecting and grading of eggs.
- Managing a small team of people.
- Compliance with legislative and assurance scheme standards.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FARM MANAGER
- Proven experience managing and leading a team.
- Proven experience in chicken breeding is essential.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties.
- Need to have effective communication skills and be self-motivated to gain results.
- Possess own transport to be able to travel to other local farm sites.
- Basic Computer skills.
- NVQ Level 3 in Poultry Production or similar qualification is desirable however training will be given.
Remuneration: A competitive salary with accommodation will be offered to the successful applicant.
At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to .
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.