Rearing Farm Manager - Wales
De Lacy Executive have been retained to source a suitable candidate for this exciting opportunity for a Farm Manager to manage a brand-new rearing farm.
The main responsibility of the Farm Manager will be for the wellbeing and performance of the livestock as well as maintenance of the site. Our client is a leading supplier of poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. They are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, from feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions, this business is expanding at an expediential rate. It is a requirement for the Farm Manager to live in the company bungalow provided, which has fantastic views over the Welsh countryside.
- Maintain optimum environmental conditions and ensure bird welfare and bio security practices are maintained.
- Supervise all parties and employees on the farm, ensuring visitors/contractors comply with company standards as well as Health & Safety and other UK legislation.
- Maintain accurate records as stipulated by our client & UK legislation.
- Grading and vaccinating birds.
- Ensuring that high standards of animal welfare, hygiene and husbandry practice are maintained.
- Site maintenance and upkeep.
- Comply with legislative and assurance scheme standards.
- Previous experience in a Farm Manager position although Assistant Farm Managers will be considered
- Secondary School level qualifications (GCSE or Equivalent).
- Ideally, proven experience in managing people although not essential.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to be self-driven and gain results.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties.
- NVQ Level 3 in Poultry Production or similar Agriculture qualifications, Poultry Passport.
- Excellent stockmanship skills.
- Bird Husbandry.
- Own transport.
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office.
Remuneration: A competitive salary with accommodation will be offered to the successful applicant.
Interested? At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to .
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at . Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation