The Technology Division provides information and system technology services to all business areas in the Bank as part of Central Services, and is responsible for all aspects of the Bank's project and programme delivery. We exist to support the Bank in meeting its key objectives and strategic priorities.
The Technology Division's structure is designed to reflect the delivery lifecycle for technology. New technologies and investments are planned and designed and then delivered, operated and maintained in a way that ensures information and data is kept safely and securely. The Division also enables and delivers significant business change initiatives that impact all areas of the Bank.
This role sits within the Architecture, Analysis and Consultancy team who are accountable for technical strategy, project requirements and design to shape and deliver technical transformation in conjunction with business stakeholders across the Bank.
The Integration Architect role reports into the Principal Architect within the Bank's Technology Architecture team and will take a lead role in the development and direction of the Integration technology at the Bank.
The Integration Architect remit includes Solution design and governance for large scale change programmes evolving the Banks internal and external Integration Services.
Working within the architecture team, you will be responsible for evolving Integration in:
- Strategies and roadmaps
- Architecture artefacts
- Architectural Design
- Stakeholder management
- Technology leadership and wider Bank influence
The Technology architecture team is responsible for developing and maintaining an enterprise architecture practise that supports the Technology directorate and the wider Bank in achieving its strategic objectives.
This role covers the design and governance of the Integration architecture for strategic Bank initiatives. Key focus will be on designing a range of services and standards to support a variety of machine to machine and user interfaces in addition to secure externally facing Financial Integration Services. In this role, the Integration Architect will work within Technology and Business teams to build and evolve the Integration Architecture for the Bank.
The team responsibilities include:
Strategies and Roadmaps
- Responsible for translating business strategic plans and requirements into supporting enterprise-wide technology strategies
- Responsible for understanding the technology estate, the strategic direction, and developing supporting roadmaps with a focus on re-use, rationalisation, simplification and decommissioning
- Responsible for developing architectural artefacts that support the Technology Architecture team, including baseline and target architectures, architecture building blocks, technical reference model and design patterns
- Responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of the architecture repository
- Responsible for ensuring artefacts are governed and maintained
- Responsible for the lead architect role on business and IT projects, understanding requirements and developing solutions that deliver against requirements in alignment with strategy and the delivery framework
- Responsible for the production of design artefacts (level 0, level 1), ensuring approval through relevant governance forums
Technology Leadership & Stakeholder Management
- Responsible for being a technology ambassador, representing architecture and Technology at governance forums, and being an advocate for the solutions, strategies and roadmaps produced by the team
- Responsible for identifying and driving technology innovation across the organisation
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a stakeholder map that covers all deliverables, ensuring engagement and agreement for all architectural outputs
- Responsible for providing measures to evidence stakeholder management effectiveness
- Able to communicate vision, technical intentions and requirements with existing and potential external partners and run small Technical teams to a clearly defined outcome.
- Building effective networks of key senior stakeholders to drive credibility of personal expertise and internal marketing of technical teams.
- Experience in Integration Technologies including Integration patterns and Service Design, message queuing, Enterprise (end to end process) and cloud service integration, external secure integration services, service orchestration, governance, and Integration service estimation.
- Experience in IT architecture and/or Design, including application of architecture principles to IT solution design.
- Consistent track record of defining, implementing and driving technical change through innovation, architectural evolution, simplification, and capability exploitation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including articulating solutions for senior stakeholders and presenting designs to governance forums.
- Stakeholder management experience and awareness of stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership strategically and at a daily level to overcome technical challenges and obstacles that will occur in their line of expertise across evolving projects and programmes.
- Clear ability in anticipating risks and potential opportunities despite an accepted approach - can challenge the status quo where appropriate.
- Confidence and ability in communicating and facing off to challenge about complex issues with senior management, governance boards and external technical experts.
- Can articulate clear technical intentions with Business Users to meet their needs on a project/programme and explaining the art of the possible where appropriate.
- Strategic thinking, including the ability to research and provide summarised results and recommendations.
- Good general knowledge of IT and technology solutions.
- Working knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice.
- Ability to adapt and prioritise.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
- Self-managing, self-motivated.
- Experience working within an architectural framework (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman).
- Enterprise Architecture Skills: - technical reference model development, building block design, applications and role design, systems integration, etc.
- Understanding of ISO20022 standards.
- Broader expertise of technologies and applications outside of Integration e.g. Online, Banking Services, ERP, CRM.
- Experience of working in a Large Enterprise or FTSE 100 organisation.
As a unique institution, we have a reward package which sets us apart from other organisations. It includes a competitive salary, but also a much wider offering, including a defined benefit pension and comprehensive flexible benefits. We also offer a working environment which fully supports individuals through flexible working, wellbeing initiatives including an on-site medical and dental unit.
As well as a competitive salary, the total package also includes:
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year. The current cost to the Bank of providing this pension is 35% of your salary.
- A discretionary performance award based on a current award pool and target award of 10%, with a maximum potential award of 25%.
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits.
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits.
- Private medical insurance and income protection insurance.
We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able to see your personal information such as name and address when reviewing your submission, including your CV. Please fully complete the application form questions as requested because incomplete submissions may not be reviewed.
We continue to build an inclusive culture where everyone can be their whole selves and produce their best work. Our focus on inclusion is intended to build greater diversity in order to reflect the society we serve and be an employer of choice.
The closing date for applications is 9 August 2018.
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions and submit your CV.