Senior Accounting Analyst - Accounting & External Reporting Projects N
What makes working at Mondelz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on peoples faces. Were the worlds leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The Sr. Analyst Projects Northern Europe reports directly to the Director, Accounting Northern Europe, being responsible forthe implementation of the Lease Accounting Project which Mondelez is required to implement as a result of a change in the reporting standard becoming effective 1st Jan, 2019.
This role supports the Northern European Region in the respective regional and global forums and liaises with Procurement Managers and teams, Northern Europe Finance Managers, Integrated Supply Chain teams, Accounts Payable teams and Mastershoppers and Genpact teams, andprepares project status updates and ensures project deliverables are provided in the given project timeline
- Support and / or manage the European scope of the Lease project
- Analyze the financial impact (US GAAP/Statutory)
- Collect and validate all relevant data in scope
- Lead alignment with other streams (Manufacturing, CS&L, Procurement, )
- Support the evaluation of the project design and supports addressing recommendations of the same within the NE Region
- Lead in one of the Special areas (car fleet, manufacturing, IS, Real Estate leases) and support other team members in all communication within the regional country scope. Represents European needs in the Global communications and provide regular updates to the Northern Europe Accounting & External Reporting Director and European Accounting & External Reporting Area Controllers
- Support and manage ad hoc requests which may result from any of the new implemented processes and tools
- Lead in the preparation of practical examples for current lease processes and validation of the proposed design as it relates to leases in Northern Europe and also for the special area. Drives the execution of the respective testing
- Prepares and coordinates potential training requirements within Northern Europe
- University Degree
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Budgeting and/or cost control principles
- Very good understanding of reporting systems (FiT, BI, and SAP)
- Accounting qualification CPA (Chartered/Certified Accountant) or equivalent
- Well organised with good analytical and reporting skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Team player.
- Proven track record of self-management and time management. Proven drive for results.
- Good people management skills especially in the context of project activities and tasks
- Ability to produce quality within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Extensive experience in working in accounting, finance, and/or controlling of a large multi-national company
- Fluent in English (other European language preferable)
- Solid understanding of EOC Processes and mechanics of different accounting standards (i.e. US GAAP vs. Local GAAP)
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer top attractive social benefits.
Company Description Even if you're not familiar with our name, you've almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world's favorite snacks, we're passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondel??z International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We're ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What's more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone's point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It's this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
For more information, please visit: and