Strategic Account Manager
About the Role
LV= have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Account Manager. Taking a consultative sales approach as a Strategic Account Manager you will need to build tailored propositions and strategies for each existing account and for new opportunities to exceed profit and growth.
You will be undertaking market analysis to ensure our commercial offering remains leading edge and attractive, developing and executing strategies for customers.
This role can be based nationally, working from one of our offices or from home. Please note due to the nature of the role that frequent travel will be required.
First and foremost we're looking for someone who has a proven track record of working in a Strategic Account Manager position where they have developed/managed high level relationships with large strategic brokers and been able to successfully establish needs and requirements.
It would be advantageous if you have underwriting experience to enable you to have the ability to produce, understand and interpret statistical information. In addition having excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills will be required.
You'll have excellent communication skills, the ability to build long lasting relationships with brokers at all levels. You're hands-on, proactive and determined to be the best when it comes to knowing your stuff and exceeding your individual targets. You take initiative, pride in your work and are very well organised.
You will need to:
- To agree and deliver revenue targets and profit targets for each strategic account
- To ensure that joint business plans are agreed and in place for each Strategic Account and are used as a living document to manage the accounts.
- To take ownership and responsibility for their Strategic Accounts business plans
- To manage, develop and maintain regular in-depth, multi level relationships between each strategic account and LV in order to deliver profit and revenue targets
- To have complete knowledge of each of their Strategic Accounts, expectations, strategy and plans.
- To ensure that their Strategic Accounts meet all regulatory and LV compliance levels
- To assist the Head of Sales Personal Lines with the development implementation and delivery of the overall Strategic Account Distribution Strategy.
- To build and deliver tailored proposition / strategies for each existing strategic account and for new propositions to meet profit and growth targets.
- Develop self in order to maximize personal contribution to the job
- Re-enforce the culture and values of LV=Broker through appropriate behaviours and actions
- Focus on costs, process improvements and or efficiency to contribute to the profitability of LV=Broker. - To maintain an in depth understanding of their strategic accounts, distribution channels and the Personal Lines market.
- Regularly review the broker market profile to ensure synergies with market opportunities and to identify potential threats and risks.
- Manage the broker relationships by utilizing internal stakeholders within LV in order to maximize the profit and grow business opportunities for LV.
- To be the focal point to resolving any Operational, Accounts, Pricing. Underwriting, Claims and Agency issues.
- To attend industry events on behalf of LV
- To support Marketing to organize and host LV broker events.
- When required deputize for the Head of Sales.
- To generate leads / introductions for all other areas of LV
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. We want you to love what you do that's why we've put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We'll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.