Support Worker (Waking Night)
We are currently looking for a passionate and motivated individual to be a Night Support Worker for one of the leading autism charities in the UK. The person would strive to improve young autistic people's life for the better and to always have the individual's best interest in mind.
You will be working for of the leading autism charities in the UK. Their services are trend setting, innovative and always striving for improvement.
Our ideal candidate would be a reliable person who wants to make a difference in people's lives by providing quality care. You will have the following :
- Solid experience with autism
- Support worker would have a NVQ Level 2 or 3
- Have excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Be motivated, flexible, and reliable
Main responsibilities :
- Actively support the people we work with to experience life opportunities which promote maximising potential and fulfilling their dreams.
- Ensure the people we work with are supported to access person- led chosen activities and opportunities which result in measurable outcomes and achievements for the individual
- Assist in designing individualised programme of leisure, education and social opportunities
- Comply with guidelines in developing, designing, implementing and reviewing individualised support and care plans
- Assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential.
- Maintain regular and appropriate records and reports as directed, eg incident reports.
- Apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure technique/s, for the protection & safety of the individual with autism, others & environment.
- Support the individual with autism to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan.
In return you will receive:
- Carrier progression
- Location allowance
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid holiday
- Outstanding support and a great work environment with passionate people.
- On going training opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
Should you meet the above specification then Please contact Martin on 0208 748 7148 for more information. Alternatively, email directly.