Transport Freight Forwarder
Transport Freight Forwarder – Road
Our client, is looking to recruit a number of experienced commercially minded Haulage subcontract planner/managers to complement an existing UK and European road freight business. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to help build our existing UK and European road freight forwarding business.
The successful candidate will already have;
- A detailed knowledge of the transport & General Haulage market across the UK and ideally Europe
- Specific knowledge of rates and suppliers for UK wide distribution along with cross channel and inter country shipments particularly for the full load market is desirable
- Previous experience of dealing with a range of customers requiring these services
- Extensive experience in negotiating transport rates with subcontractors
- Experience in sourcing and recruiting subcontractors for UK and European transport, both UK based and European Hauliers
- A number of years’ experience in a transport planning role including placing work with a wide number of subcontractors
- Be fully conversant with the legislation around driver’s hours, vehicles and Working Time Directive along with any specific in-country requirements
- Have a detailed knowledge of the geography of the UK and Europe
- Already Proven themselves in a fast-paced pressured transport office environment
- Fully confident and comfortable with dealing with customers & Hauliers
- Be fully PC literate with knowledge of common Microsoft systems and aptitude to quickly learn other transport management systems
The individual should be commercially astute, energetic, outgoing, adaptable and a team player, be both an influencer and a negotiator. Working patterns will be predominantly Monday to Friday days, but this is a 24/7 operation so there is a rota pattern to cover out of hours (nights and weekends) on an on-call basis.
About our client
X2 (UK) Ltd supply nationwide managed transport services to a range of well-known customers in manufacturing, retail and Logistics. X2 can service customer’s distribution requirements from a single pallet to a complete distribution service, nationwide. A small busy privately owned, dynamic transport business, we are headquartered on a business park in a pleasant rural location only two miles from Hinckley in Leicestershire, within easy travelling distance of Nuneaton, Lutterworth, Coventry, Rugby, Atherstone and Leicester.
To learn more about what we do visit: www.x2uk.com
Salary will depend on the relevance of the employment background and experience of the candidate, along with the skills they can demonstrate they will bring to the role.
Keywords: Haulage, Planner Subcontract, Sales Negotiator
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.
Apply for Transport Freight Forwarder
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly