Trainee Multimedia Journalist
£Competitive + Company benefits
Closing date: 24/08/2018
Do you love news?
Do you want to cover one of the best news patches in the country?
Are you brilliant at delivering the detail and telling great stories?
Can you think like a reader?
We are looking for a motivated and talented trainee reporter to join our Cambridge newsroom.
The successful candidate will tell stories through words, pictures and video for our website, Cambridgeshire Live and our daily newspaper Cambridge News.
We are looking for someone who works quickly and accurately under pressure, is able to bring in their own stories, is keen to get to know intricately a new patch and is determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity where you would be joining a newsroom full of talented, self-driven journalists.
- Deliver high-quality, thoroughly-researched, accurate and well-written multimedia content
- Write content in a way which engages and drives digital audience
- Provide live coverage of news events for live blogs
- Shoot video, audio and take pictures when out on jobs
- Source third-party and social content
- Build strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
- Be adept on social media, in line with Reach PLC policies, to build audiences and communities and ensure that content is shared on social platforms
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and industry guidelines
- Have a full UK driving license
- Have a full set of NCTJ prelims, including 100 wpm shorthand
The Ideal Candidate
You'll have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by the business in terms of quality, consistency, accuracy and legal compliance.
You will be motivated by the challenge of producing stories ready for digital audience spikes.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.