£55,000 to £60,000 + Benefits
Following a period of business improvement and increasing performance, my client is now seeking to recruit a high calibre Financial Controller to take a key position within their UK Head Office near Ashford in Kent.
Part of a global world class group with ambitions to more than double turnover across all territories. They are a market leading supplier of specialist products and services, supporting the needs of a wide range of commercial customers.
Reporting directly to the UK Finance Director the principal responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include:
- Providing overall Financial Control for the UK businesses, ensuring compliance with Group and statutory requirements.
- Supporting the Senior Management team in preparing the information required for the annual planning cycle including: strategy, budgeting and forecasting.
- Providing decision support management information to the Senior Management Team, including: management accounts, monthly cost centre reports, variance analysis, aging stock reports, credit risk reports, orders & sales reports.
- Analysing the business processes and proposing and implementing improvement actions to enable improved efficiency and growth.
- Managing a small finance team, developing and motivating them and supporting the development of a performance culture.
- Preparing statutory returns, including VAT, and supporting the production of the statutory accounts.
- Coordinating the provision of information and presentations for: strategy, budget, annual audit, financial planning, investment activities, and procurement. Ensuring that information is provided and issues addressed in a timely manner.
- Supporting and deputising for the UK Finance Director as required.
- Qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with a minimum of three years post qualification experience gained within industry and commerce.
- A high energy individual with strong leadership skills and a demonstrable record of achievement within a previous management position.
- Hands-on, proactive and solution oriented approach.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- High levels of commercial acumen.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Able to work in an international environment, aligning and working closely with the EMEA finance function that is based outside the UK in the Group Head Office.
- Strong skills with ERP Systems, Excel (pivot tables) and PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will be expected to make a very positive impact on the financial performance of the business, as well as on general operating issues. It is also anticipated that there will be opportunities for future development and progression within the international group.
This is an excellent chance to join a successful company and represents a genuine career opportunity for the right candidate. If you are interested in being considered for this role then please email your details to Jeff Price at FF634@pricecarnell.com or alternatively you may call him on 01484 861478 to discuss the role further.