Technical Admin Support Officers / Administrator
Job Title: Technical Admin Support Officers
Location: Long Stratton, Norfolk (NR15 2XE)
Salary: £19,121 - £21,693 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week), Part Time position also available.
Closing date: Sunday 19th August 2018
Interview Dates: 22nd, 23rd, 24th August 2018
Love being busy, working in a fast-paced operational team?
This role involves working in a busy supportive environment to working with the Planning Officers to validate planning applications and enquiries, being the first port of call for their customers. If you're interested in how homes and businesses are planned, designed and built, have the ability to multi-task, with a good telephone manner this role will enable you to bring out your inner architect and enable you've helped to make South Norfolk at better place to live and work!
What you could be part of…
Planning receive over 2500 planning applications each year and the Council had the highest number of new homes built across Norfolk last year. They want to provide the best possible standards of housing developments and construction, whilst listening to their customers views and the Planning Service is key to delivering this by providing quality administrative support to our Planners as a first point of contact for our customers.
Working at the Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Their success comes from them being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and their employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing…
- Responsible for responding to all customer enquiries, prioritising and responding on behalf of planners in order to deliver excellent customer care
- Support the Business Support Team Leaders and Improvement Officers to maintain IT systems through effective data entry. Maintain a wide variety of electronic/manual recording systems
- Accurate and timely validation, registration and processing of planning applications, to meet corporate, service and team performance objectives.
- Accurately, deliver land charges, personal search and solicitor enquiries to meet performance objectives
You must have:
- At least 5 GCSEs (Grades A-C to include English Language and Maths) in Administration, NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or similar qualifications) or demonstrable work-related experience
- Experience within a previous administration role, an eye for detail and an excellent Customer Service background
- Practical experience of maintaining, running and improving administrative systems
- The Ability to balance conflicting priorities to achieve desired outcomes with attention to detail including accurate data entry skills
What's in it for you?
Their package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), flexi time, on site café, compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. They also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
Please note that this post may be subject to a to a relevant criminal records check.
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes please check your junk / spam folders.
Candidates with experience of: Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrator, Administration Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Business Administrator, Support Administrator, Business Support, Executive Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Coordinator, Clerk, Business Administrator may also be considered for this role.