Are you a passionate individual with the desire to help autistic people ? Do you want to shape and develop their life skills ?
BS Social Care in Hammersmith is looking for a Support Worker who can match our passion for delivering fantastic service to our client based in Edgware. The candidate must have experience providing support to autistic people in a residential setting.
Our ideal candidate would be a reliable person who wants to make a difference in people's lives by providing quality care. You will have the following :
- Residential experience with autistic people.
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent;or be willing to work towards achievement of same.
- Have excellent communication skills written and verbal
Your duties will be :
- Develop person centred working relationships with the individuals, utilising Autism specific approaches and interventions such as the SPELL Framework and TEACCH to ensure that meets the individual needs of the people who use our services, thereby enabling well being and higher levels of engagement / interaction.
- Understanding the importance of an individual's daily plan and using this effectively and professionally on a daily basis in order to manage his / her needs and track progress against the goals listed therein.
- Actively encouraging and supporting meaningful activities, both inside and outside the service in accordance with individual's interests, choices and needs. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining communication with all stakeholders within the circle of support (eg: families, carers, medical professionals) and participate in all meetings as required.
- Recording and documenting information accurately and professionally, in line with the National Autistic Society's standards, including contributing towards support and session plans (creating resources where necessary).
- Have the ability to inspire others with a positive attitude towards supporting vulnerable people.
- Display good listening skills and report information accurately.
- Actively and positively respond to the changing needs of people receiving support.
- Have the ability to reflect and implement learning from real life experiences.
In return you will receive:
- Carrier progression
- Location allowance
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid holiday
- Outstanding support and a great work environment with passionate people.
- On going training opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
Should you meet the above specification then Please contact Martin on 0208 748 7148 for more information. Alternatively, email directly.