Payroll and Accounts Officer
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll and Account Ledger Officer to join a well-established company based in North Shields!
The company, formerly the direct labour arm of English Heritage, has been called upon to rescue and repair castles, abbeys, priories, industrial monuments, churches, city centre facades, parks and historic landscapes and many other listed structures throughout the UK.
Providing contracting excellence in the Restoration and Conservation of Historic Buildings to world heritage sites.
The company now requires an experienced Payroll and Account Ledger Officer with SAGE payroll experience for their head office in North Shields.
Role and responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Processing weekly timesheets for over 50 employees and 10 monthly salaries
- Managing accounts and also subcontractor ledger
- When required, reconcile the company accounts and processing VAT and HMRC returns
- Working effectively and efficiently, meeting deadlines
Training on inhouse systems such as SharePoint and Pegasus CIS will be provided
- At least 10 years work experience in a financial role
- Experience of using SAGE Payroll and Sage Line 50
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel & Outlook and updating database
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Strong organisational skills, thorough diligent approach to work
- Flexibility and willingness to provide the best service to support all areas of the business
Salary: 20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Position: Temporary to Permanent after 6 months
This is a temporary (6 month) to permanent post for the right candidate. After 6 months of successfully working for the company the role will become permanent. Due to the nature of our business and the current staff profile we feel this post would be more suitable for a mature individual with work experience which will allow them to cope with minimum training and supervision due to our time constraints.
If you feel you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
Apply for Payroll and Accounts Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly