We are currently looking for a passionate and motivated individual to be a Support Worker for one of the leading autism charities in the UK. The person would strive to improve young autistic people's life for the better and to always have the individual's best interest in mind.
You will be working for of the leading autism charities in the UK. Their services are trend setting, innovative and always striving for improvement.
Our ideal candidate would be a reliable person who wants to make a difference in people's lives by providing quality care. You will have the following :
- Solid experience with autism
- Support worker would have a NVQ Level 2 or 3
- Have excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Be motivated, flexible, and reliable
Main responsibilities :
- Ensure that support is provided in an effective, efficient and sustainable way resulting in outcomes in line with individual's support plans.
- Ensure people using the service are involved in selecting their support team.
- Play a supporting role in the development and maintenance of excellent relations with people we support and their relatives and advocates.
- Facilitate effective working relationships with other agencies who are involved in the lives of the people we support.
- Ensure the development and regular review of person-centred support planning, including assessment of personal risk.
- Provide mentoring, peer support and assist with the development and day-to-day management of support staff. Tasks may include shift planning, overseeing the running of shifts, making changes to rosters in line with changing needs.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements and any required developments, outlined in service development plans, in line with strategy objectives.
- Assist with ensuring that staff have access to appropriate learning and development opportunities that ensure excellent support to individuals in line with support agreements and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all expenditure is within the agreed costings in conjunction with the annual budget. Review transactions and report discrepancies.
- To deputise for the Team Leader in their absence.
In return you will receive:
- Carrier progression
- Location allowance
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid holiday
- Outstanding support and a great work environment with passionate people.
- On going training opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
Should you meet the above specification then Please contact Martin on 0208 748 7148 for more information. Alternatively, email directly.
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly