London, W11 (with occasional travel to Newbury)
About the Company
Our client is an independent creative marketing agency who apply bigger thinking to everything they do.
For over 25 years, they have been helping their clients connect with their markets and customers. Whether it’s an immersive event or an award-winning integrated campaign, our client always finds the big solution.
Now, they’re looking for a Financial Controller to support the financial management of the business as well as two satellite subsidiary businesses.
- Salary of £45,000 - £60,000 pa
- Permanent health insurance and DIS
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Fresh fruit deliveries
- Great development opportunities
- Computer scheme – make savings on IT equipment through a government-backed salary exchange scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- 20 days’ holiday (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays and a Christmas shutdown
This is the ideal role for a senior level accounting professional to drive their career forward into a leadership position with a growing, exciting, innovative and highly successful marketing agency.
Our client focuses heavily on the personal welfare of their staff and promotes a healthy work/life balance to keep team members productive and motivated. They also advocate learning and development and will support you to maintain and enhance your professional qualifications as well as developing your industry experience and technical skills.
What’s more, alongside a comprehensive range of benefits and highly competitive salaries, they hold social events to help forge stronger teams and encourage staff to take part in their many clubs from books to baking (and other letters of the alphabet).
As the Financial Controller, you will support our client’s Chief Operating Officer and Group Finance Director with the financial management of three businesses within the group.
Specifically, you will undertake general financial management, team management, client reporting, process and system improvements and a range of ad hoc projects.
Your activities will involve:
- Overseeing the month-end processes
- Reporting to the board on a monthly basis
- Banking and treasury management
- Reviewing, analysing, identifying and implementing operational improvements
- The day-to-day management and development of the London-based Finance Team
- Managing the Finance Manager, Management Accountant and Finance Assistant, as well as a Finance Manager in Newbury
- Assisting the COO to identify risk, drive process and control improvements that increase efficiency
- Acting as a member of the Operations Management Group
- Analysing and identifying improvements and/or new systems
- Supporting audit or acquisition projects (or similar)
To be considered as a Financial Controller, you will need:
- At least two years’ post qualification experience
- An ACA, CIMA and/or ACCA qualification
- Strong computer skills including advanced Microsoft Excel
Staff management experience would be beneficial to your application.
Our client is interested in hearing from candidates who have held the title of Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Accountant, Company Accountant, Accounting Manager, Accounts Manager, or Accountancy Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, to advance your career as a Financial Controller, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.