Decision Support Analyst / Cost Analyst / Business Analyst
Job Title: Decision Support Analyst
Salary: £28,000 + Amazing benefits including family BUPA, 25 days holidays and a contributory pension
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 17th August 2018
Purpose of the role:
- Support Head of FBP UK and FBP's with translating data into insight and bringing the numbers to life
- Support FBP's and support decision making relating to KSI's
- Review and challenge MI, dashboards and reports to ensure integrity, completeness and understanding
- Build and improve relationships with the business
- Support Head of FBP UK and FBP with quarterly reforecasts, budgets and operating plans
- Provide support for pricing decisions
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Build strong relationships with local MD's and supporting management teams in order to influence decisions, and drive a culture of cost control
- Proactively support FBP KSI in assessing local business unit performance and financial status and pre-empt identification of and propose resolution of financial issues where possible
- Specifically take ownership for UK Operational, as well as UK CST and GCST. Assists in other areas of decision support
- Support development of reporting detailed analysis of UK and (G)CST Costs & Investments to Company Boards
- Research, collate and analyse financial and non-financial information to evaluate local performance
- As an active member of the Finance team develop individuals both personally and professionally and work as a coherent and efficient team
- Develop strong relationships with management teams of Operating Companies driving a culture of cost control and support business decisions.
- Attend financial meetings with stakeholders, providing appropriate MI to allow key financial decision-making
- Supporting stakeholders in understanding and managing their cost performance
- Supporting FBP KSIs in ad-hoc cost analyses and cost control
- Work with Head of FBP UK and FBP KSIs to support and embed a philosophy of decision support across teams
- Ensure costing systems and standard costs are accurate and up-to-date
- Identify KPIs which support departments/people in their work using your experience
- Communicate unambiguously to Directors and HODs the requirements for budgeting and forecasting and the implication of performance on the achievement of these
- Work closely with the Associate FBP CST & Investments ensuring the integrity of all Investment accounting information in the general ledger and produce analytical review packs for all allocated funds, as well as production of half-year and year end IFRS statutory Reporting notes
- Partner, review, support, and challenge run costs and investments cost stakeholders. Provide relevant analysis and plans/scenarios
- Develop and improve regular reporting in partnership with the MI Prod team
Essential knowledge and experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Company's Products
- 3+ years' experience in a product management function with end to end responsibility
- Leveraging price to drive commercial performance
- Working in a similar function on a global basis
- Preparing monthly management accounts, financial statements and MI.
- Preparing VAT returns
- Experience of supporting year-end audits
- Newly Qualified or QBE/PQ studier - CIMA/ACCA or Business and Finance Graduate
- Experience of financial processes with particular emphasis on advising business stakeholders on actions that should be taken to deliver performance targets
- Experience of line and matrix management
- Experience of producing financial MI to board level
- Strong track-record of providing financial and operational reporting with commercial insight.
- Expert MS Excel skills and strong MS PowerPoint
- Strong Finance Business Analysis and Financial Acumen
- Organised and disciplined problem solver with solid analytical skills and persistence to solve problems.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Some exposure to Finance/Accounting terminology and how it relates to the role of a Product and Pricing specialist
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company career page
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Business Cost Analyst, Product Analyst, Business Decision Analyst may also be considered for this role
Apply for Decision Support Analyst / Cost Analyst / Business Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly