£18,000 - £21,000
Our client, an award-winning provider to the aviation industry, requires a Stores Person to join their team at Stansted Airport.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with the day to day running of the Stores department.
- Issuing tooling, consumable and rotable aircraft parts to engineers.
- Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures.
- Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration.
- Creating documentation and maintaining logs and archive files.
- The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
- To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost.
- Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Driving of company vehicles.
- Out of hours working if and when required.
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a logistics environment (Preferably in the aviation industry).
- Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation.
- Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Full Clean UK Driving License.
- Current counterbalance license.
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply ASAP.