Craig Simpson Trainee Replacement
Trainee Multimedia Journalist-Surrey
£competitive + company benefits
Get West London and the Croydon Advertiser are looking to recruit a talented trainee reporter to join the team who produce stories and content for our two websites.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to work in one of the busiest and most varied news patches in the country.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, passionate about journalism and determined to make a name for themselves in the industry.
You will need a sharp news sense, to be full of ideas and to work well under pressure when working to tight deadlines.
Our main office is in Guildford but we also have hot-desks in Croydon and Canary Wharf. You will be provided with the equipment so that you can also work remotely, from patch or home, when required. The successful candidate will be expected to cover stories whenever required in west London and south London.
About the company
Reach plc has an award-winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
* Writing brilliant local content that helps to build a loyal and ever-increasing audience for our two websites
* Coming up with original ideas for stories, features, live blogs and other forms of content that engage our readers
* Ensuring that our content is reaching the widest possible audience and increasing awareness of our websites and content locally and on social media
* Ensuring that your stories are accurate at all times, even when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Demonstrating a variety of ways to tell stories
* Building good working relationships with readers from all walks of life and with colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
- You will ideally hold an NCTJ journalism pre-entry qualification or equivalent
- You will have a drive to deliver inspiring content that will engage our audience
- You will possess a full clean driving licence with access to your own vehicle
- You will be able to work on a seven-day rota, so we can ensure that our websites offer the best possible coverage of breaking stories
- A good knowledge of the area would be an advantage, along with an eye for a good photograph and video
In addition to competitive salaries and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.