£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Our client is an engineering company offering an advanced manufacturing service to the Aerospace and Defence Industries. They are currently seeking to recruit a Production Controller for their Bishop’s Stortford location.
To be the customers main point of contact and to ensure Customers orders are delivered on time and to cost.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for internal production planning and material scheduling activity of Customer order books.
- Control of all materials and components from suppliers, through production and subcontractors to customer delivery.
- Management of daily / weekly production schedules in line with manufacturing capacities and customer demand.
- Plan material supply in line with production requirements, raise all associated paperwork, production orders.
- Improve planning and production control processes in line with lean manufacturing techniques.
- Work closely with cell leaders and production teams to monitor the production process.
- Participate in daily meetings.
- Gather customers' orders and prepare detailed production reports that serve as guides in manufacturing or assembling the product.
- Compile progress reports on work, cost inventory levels and production problems.
- Liaise and build relationships with internal departments, customers and suppliers on all issues relating to supply and demand and participate in Continuous improvement and new product introduction projects.
- Customer liaison, reporting and key initial focal point.
- Achieving sales targets and OTD.
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- HNC in a Manufacturing / Engineering discipline is preferred.
- Previous Production Control or Supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- The ability to develop internal processes within the materials function is an essential requirement for this challenging role.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and controlling stock levels.
- Experience of managing subcontractors.
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Excel.
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply ASAP.