Finance Analyst / Commercial Analyst
Job Title: Finance Analyst
Salary: £30,000 + benefits including family BUPA, flexi pot, 25 days holidays, and contributory pension scheme
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 17th August 2018
Purpose of the role:
- Provide analytical support to the multiple disciplines across the Finance function.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supporting MI provision to the leaders of the Business. This includes, not exclusively:
- Sourcing inputs for and generation of the Company's Global Board and ExCo Global MI Reports and Dashboard(s)
- Work with stakeholders/sponsors to review MI outputs, including periodic review of the format and success of relevant MI
- Assisting in the development of and leading the production of Replace International with ROW. This could include enhancements/systemisation to Management Packs, Daily Flash etc.
- Supporting Global Sponsors/FBP's in relation to enhancing UK and International MI Reports which will include, not exclusively, Risk & Compliance, Customer & Sales
- Assistance in ensuring that the Financial Plans (e. Budget, Finance Operating Plans, Forecasts etc.) are analysed and presented
- BFS top level financial plans (BFS Consolidated)
- BFS P&L (and related metrics) by KSI*
- Other analysis to enable review and sign off of the BFS financial plans*
- Consolidating the BFS Operating Plan*
- Drafting of the BFS submission to BLG for the financial plans (P&L and BS)
*(including production of relevant Plan standard/routine reports for BU/Country - as agreed with FBP)
- Enhance the MI/Report production process
- Develop and Implement Control process for report development
- Develop and implement presentation standards across all Oryx reports ensuring uniformity and ease of consumption
- Audit existing reports / uses and implement housekeeping to reduce proliferation
- Standardise Planning Tool, Consol Tool, and Regional reports
- Support Centres of Excellence for Business Intelligence, Management Information and Oryx through either direct membership or supporting role
- Support the MI Centre of Excellence program
- Contribute as an active member of the Finance team
- Ad-hoc duties as defined by manager
- Responsible for producing analysis and MI reporting for Operations with incisive commentary aiding in wider performance understanding
- Design and development of MI that supports a structured approach to performance management and management information to help support Operations and enhance standards of proficiency and capability
- Trend analysis and investigation into results
- Performance analysis & commentary
- Continuous improvement of methods, processes and reporting
Key Requirements - Essential knowledge and experience:
- Recently qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA) with good experience of budgeting, forecasting and analysis. Some exposure to business partnering would also be beneficial
- Experience of analysing, developing and presenting management information
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Using applications/implementing systems to drive
- Mature understanding of Stakeholder Management and ability to work in a stakeholder-centric way
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to use information to generate creative solutions to benefit the business
- Commercial Awareness
- Awareness of the FCA, CCA, GDPR guidelines and other relevant legislation, procedures and processes
- Strong data manipulation experience and advanced Excel skills - Macros knowledge not essential but it would be a nice extra
- Excellent analytic skills
- Forward-thinking personality
- Report writing skills (PowerBI and Oryx) would be beneficial
The Company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Business Performance Analyst, Business Analyst, Finance Analyst, Risk Analyst, Systems Analyst, Solutions Designer, Business Systems Analyst, Functional Consultant, Product Analyst, Management Consultant, Data Analyst and Data Scientist Statistician may also be considered for this position.
Apply for Finance Analyst / Commercial Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly