Painting and Decorating Apprentices
Fixed Term 1 year contract from 10th September 2018 – 11th September 2019
Do you want to work for an award-winning and IIP (Investors in People) Platinum Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then this is the place for you.
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Excellent communication skills
- At least two GCSEs at grade D, including English and Maths (or functional skills at level 1)
- Previous practical experience of painting and decorating in any capacity
- Carrying out a range of painting and decorating tasks within College campuses & externally
- Supporting colleagues with general building-related tasks
- Receiving job training support, and supervision from our highly-skilled team
- Free gym membership
- Fantastic progression opportunities
- Increased chance of interview for internal vacancies
- Lots of staff discounts with an NUS discount card
- Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays
- A great pension scheme which the College tops up – worth £700 per year
- Free Parking Permit or Stagecoach bus travel, which can be used all year
About our Apprenticeships
A South Devon College Apprenticeship lasts 12 months, during which you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents. Our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
Closing Date: Midnight, Monday 27th August 2018
Interview Date: Friday 31st August 2018
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.