Technical Support Advisor
Technical Support Advisor
Solihull, West Midlands
Salary: Dependent on Experience + Extensive Benefits Package
Want to work with great people, in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry and our team is growing! So we are on the lookout for a passionate Technical Support Advisor to join our Customer Support Services Team based at our Solihull office.
We’d like to meet a Technical Support Advisor with -
- Experience of providing first-rate customer service through working on a Service Desk, analysing and resolving client issues.
- The ability to investigate and provide efficient solutions for technical issues raised in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry, or experience of working with any SSP product.
- A real passion to provide resolutions to customers through a high level of customer service.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work proactively and independently.
As a Technical Support Advisor, your responsibilities include –
- Investigating and providing solutions for issues raised from client calls to the service desk.
- Producing clear specifications relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient resolutions.
- Recognising when a call is not readily resolvable and following processes to ensure that the issue is escalated.
- Carry out testing, investigate and report errors that may be found.
- Executes given test scripts under supervision. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- To assist the Service Desk Manager and/or Service Desk Team Leader to control the number of calls open on the Help Desk.
- To use the formal call logging system in place, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded.
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients and customers.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that ensures everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
Respect – Ownership – Collaboration – Innovation – Energy
We have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and our values describe what makes SSP unique and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
A career with us -
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Technical Support Advisor, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Technical Support Advisor, Customer Support Advisor, Service Desk Advisor, IT Support Technician, IT Helpdesk Advisor, 1st Line Support Technician, IT Support Analyst, IT Support.