Technical Manager / Process Safety Manager / Quality Manager
Job Title: Technical Manager - Food Industry
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Established in 1991 The Company is a British food innovation company creating healthy eating food brands and supplies a large range of Farm Assured and Red Tractor Accredited meat, poultry, MSC and MCS fish, vegetarian, organic, gluten free and bakery products for the food service markets. Their mission, business model and product innovation has been refined so that it enables the company to live and breathe a genuine customer centric positioning. The Company's portfolio of brands builds its reputation on award winning foundations.
They are looking for an ambitious and forward thinking Technical Manager to join their Technical team based at their head office in Stonehouse. As a key member of the Technical team you will be responsible championing quality and continuous improvement through their third party manufacturers.
Working alongside the Technical Services Manager and with the support of their Technologist you will need experience in a factory setting to drive, innovative, safe and high quality production.
- Liaise with and visit where necessary, manufacturers of finish goods and any related raw material suppliers.
- Manage the feedback on any quality issues raised by QA or customer complaints.
- Monitor complaint trends and investigate to find and fix 'root cause'.
- Work with TSM to manage out of spec issues in a timely manner with the manufacturers and implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Design and manage factory audit plan for Company nominated manufacturers, to cover allergen controls and general food safety, quality and legal requirements.
- Focus on cost savings in raw materials and finished products by monitoring raw material usage at the manufacturers, identify processing and packing losses and working with purchasing to test and trial new ingredients.
- Support the QMS and due diligence system to ensure they meet requirements for third party audits by ensuing that the manufacturing specifications and controls are in place and effective
- Ensure high standards of QA are delivered by the QA function based at the coldstore.
- Manage the product re-call process and ensure effective communication with relevant internal teams with regards to specific products and issues.
- Provide general support to the department as required.
- Provide leadership and development to the QA team based in Boroughbridge
- NPD factory liaison - support the NPD team when launching new products with suppliers
- Ensure all lab analyses has been completed by the QA function based at the coldstore.
- Carry out risk assessments on new and current suppliers
- Manage the Supplier approval process in line with BRC and manufacturer requirements
- EPD support
- Lead and develop the Technologist and QA functions.
- Experience of working in the food industry, ideally within frozen food sector.
- Update to date regulatory and legislative food industry knowledge.
- Sound understanding of frozen good manufacture, ideally protein based.
- Food safety qualification level 3 as a minimum
The Company is looking for someone who:
- Shares their love for food
- Is innovative and creative thinkers
- Has a great communicators
- Is able to work under pressure
- Has good organisation skills
- Enjoy numbers and is comfortable with spreadsheets and figures manipulation
- Methodical and analytical
- Is able to work on own initiative
- Has high standards; and lots of attention to detail
Hours of work:
- 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
- We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (exc. bank holiday)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Company sick pay scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To apply for the role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Technical Manager, Technical Manager, Technical Team Leader, Process safety Leader, Process Safety Team Leader, Safety Manager, Process Safety Manager, Technical Manager, Process Engineer, Technical Process Safety Engineer, may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Technical Manager / Process Safety Manager / Quality Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly