(Minimum 2 days per week during term time)
Our client is an independent Catholic Benedictine Boarding and Day School for pupils aged 11 – 18, set in a rural location near Turners Hill, West Sussex.
From September 2018, they require a School Counsellor, to work with the student body, on at least two days per week, this may be extended according to requirement. They would welcome applications from Counsellors able or willing to offer more than this minimum requirement.
Applicants must have a recognised professional qualification and will have obtained BACP accreditation and UKCP/UKRC registration or equivalent.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to gain an understanding and appreciation of the school’s culture. The ability to work with key pastoral staff is an essential requirement for this role.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge required:
- Experience of working with young people
- Qualified counsellor with British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy accreditation and UKCP* / UKRC* registration or equivalent
- Receiving ongoing professional supervision as recommended by their counselling/psychotherapy professional body
- At least 5 years’ clinical experience
- A level/or degree in relevant discipline
- Experience of working with children in a boarding setting or who live away from their home county/country
If you have the relevant skills / qualifications required and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply ASAP. Our client may also ask you to complete an application form.
The school is committed to the safeguarding of children. References and DBS checks will be conducted on the successful applicant.
Closing date: Monday 20th August 2018
Apply for School Counsellor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly