Guest Services Manager
An exciting opportunity for someone looking to step up into a Senior/Concierge/Management/Supervisory role has arisen at Woolacombe’s newest development, to oversee the day to day running of 57 mixed use, luxury apartments and liaise with residents and their guests on other facilities such as the restaurant and leisure spa.
As the key appointment to lead services to residents at the Byron, the Guest Services Manager will act as a deputy in the overview of all guest services operations, including front desk, monitoring occupants, health and safety and recruitment of their team to ensure consistency in quality and guest satisfaction. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective leadership and will help to maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders including residents and external contractors
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Generate working rota for approval based on projected guest bookings and checks if deviating from original agreement.
- Inspect daily, all internal and external common areas to maintain quality and appearance. Ensuring all areas are clean and ready for the next visitor to utilise:.e.g. ensuring FOH systems and guest facilities are functional and any issues are reported for attention or repair
- Monitor contractors working within the common areas, ensuring they log in/out and take appropriate action to notify residents and protect the communal areas.
- Correspond to emails and phone calls regarding bookings, rates and availability and co-ordinate guest and company post.
- Monitor and then ensure a welcome for residents and their guests from the reservation system..
- Conduct room checks and co-ordinate handovers during allocated hours.
- Anticipate, intervene and record all residents and their guests complaints, and attempt to resolve to guests’ satisfaction, within the Byron policy
- To lead a team by example, displaying flexibility and consistently superior levels of customer service
- Display a pro-active role in terms of service, culture, development, systems, procedures and skill development.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge about the Byron’s services and operations, including local facilities and places of interest.
- Orchestrate residents and guest activities with approved third party providers.
- Understand all safety and emergency procedures, be able to act upon them in the event of a fire evacuation and ensure that the whole staff team are trained and up to date.
- Ensure CCTV cameras are monitored (where possible) images are saved as necessary and data protection rules are followed.
- Report any health and safety hazards and put in temporary preventative measures where possible to ensure the safety of staff, residents and their guests.
- Assist with recruitment and training of incoming Guest Services personnel.
- Provide any necessary reports required by Byron and contribute to review and improvement of front of house operational procedures.
Guest Services Managers are highly motivated problem-solvers, with a natural ability and eagerness to meet and exceed guests’ expectations and an ability to easily adapt to new processes. The Guest Services Manager is a public-facing role that works closely with Guest Services Supervisors and Managers to operate the development in a safe, efficient, and friendly manner. The ideal candidate should be able to display a calm and professional manner in stressful situations and maintain high levels of customer service at all times. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to have the following,
- 1-2 years’ experience in the, hospitality, and service industry is advantageous
- Genuine motivation to provide consistent, superior levels of customer service.
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety processes.
- Positive, friendly, outgoing, and attentive demeanour
- Strong oral, listening, written and organizational skills, including proficient word processing and strong computer knowledge including programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive matters with professionalism.
- Local knowledge of points of interest, entertainment and dining choices
BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES
In return, the successful candidate will benefit from the following…
- Competitive Salary
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per annum pro rata
- Ongoing training and development
- Discretionary bonus.
To apply for this position contact Louise Gilham at email@example.com
Apply for Guest Services Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly