I am currently working with an established accountancy company based in the heart of London offering a great deal of internal progression and development. My client is looking for a new senior accountant to join their client servicing team who will support the delivery of excellent client service to their portfolio of Limited Companies, Directors, Sole Traders and Partnership clients. The servicing and support covers Account Production, PAYE, VAT returns, Corporation Tax, Bookkeeping and Self-Assessment tax returns. As a senior accountant within the practice, you must demonstrate the personal drive, desire, aptitude and ability to deliver on client services levels, drive client satisfaction and assume additional responsibilities in a rapidly growing business.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Management of a client portfolio ensuring delivery on client service levels, and productivity and profitability targets.
- Preparation and review of financial accounts and corporation tax returns for Limited Companies.
- Preparation and review of self assessment tax returns for Individuals, Sole Traders and Directors.
- CCH job tracking and reporting, including utilising the available reports, creating recurring reports, creating one off reports, rolling the WIP ledger forward, job tracking system reports, outstanding event reports, and database reports.
- Drive roll out of appropriate cloud based accounting solutions to clients to ensure Making Tax Digital (MTD) compliance, eliminate manual bookkeeping, automate accounting processes, and deliver powerful financial and business insights for clients.
- Develop powerful and relevant value propositions combined with appropriate fee proposals for both potential clients enquiring about our services and existing clients (as part of their annual fee review).
- Managing Inbound Leads including updating the inbound lead system, tracking and following up on inbound leads, and managing lead charges and cancellations.
- Maintaining CPD requirements through the internal academy and professional associations/training organisations.
Working with my client provides:
- An excellent opportunity for capable individuals who enjoy working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service.
- An Ideal opportunity for professionals looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
- A rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses and individuals in a friendly city business atmosphere.
- Working for an employer who invests in career development with significant opportunities for growth and development including ongoing training provided by the internal academy.
Skills and requirements:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with a minimum 3 years post qualification general accountancy practice experience
- Demonstrated personal drive, desire, aptitude and ability to assume additional responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of Practice Management systems (e. CCH) as well as bookkeeping systems (e. QuickBooks, Xero, Receipt Bank)
- Ability to market proactively, develop client relationships and convert client prospects
- Driven and results focused
- A friendly, open personality with excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- A person who enjoys working as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills
Due to the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Do you think you are the person this company is looking for? Do you want to progress in your career and have the relevant skill set? Do you want your own portfolio of client? If yes, apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch.