Business System Analyst
Business System Analyst
REPORTS TO: Programme Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Accountable for the analysis and implementation of ACORN (Works Programming System) into regional contracts, providing support for users and system maintenance. Act as an ambassador for development of the “idverde way of working”.
Member of the Group Operational support team, providing high quality Management Information (MI), technical support and training for all regional systems and new systems development.
- To implement and maintain the Works programming system in line with the company's national systems strategy.
- Key responsibility for migrating legacy works programming systems into the works programming system.
- To evaluate data feedback from mobile applications and work with the team to develop MI to provide meaningful information to Operational Management.
- To actively contribute to business development and business objectives in respect of systems aspects, including liaison with existing clients.
- Working closely with our sites to support, maintain and develop solutions in line with the business processes and standards.
- Drive continuous improvement through the delivery of timely and meaningful MI
- To undertake training and support to the operational system users
- Drives continuous improvement within the systems.
- An ambassador for maintaining business process standards in line with the “idverde way of working”
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Programme Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
(Define main measurable performance outputs of the job i.e.: How will you know if the results have been achieved?)
- Migration of the current works programming system to the new solution.
- Training fully documented and registered
- Continuous support to users across the group.
- Systems application development and maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
(These should describe only the highlight skills and experience levels required to achieve the principal accountabilities of the job.)
- Demonstrable skills to write queries using SQL's (Structured Query Language)
- High standards of written comprehension in relation to reading and understanding business documents (e.g. contract specifications)
- Exceptional data manipulation skills which can be demonstrated through previous employment
- Demonstrable skills to write VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Ensure that company data is recorded accurately
- IT literacy skills and ability of a demonstrable high standard to use various packages, in particular Word, Excel and Access to an advanced level
- Experience with mapping software (MapInfo, Q-GIS etc).
- Presentable appearance.
- Full driving licence
- An analytical mind, highly structured, process based approach to each task.
- Good communication/language skills
- Strong organisational and presenting skills
- An ability to manage and prioritise deadlines, which can often change.
- Proactive, with high level of self motivation and determination
- Able to work independently or as part of a project team
- A strong sense of effective teamwork and collaboration
- An ability to see things from the perspective of our customers and clients and an ambition to meet and exceed their expectations
- This role will require frequent site visits, therefore a willingness to travel, with occasional overnight stays is required.
- Previous experience of grounds or facilities maintenance
- Previous experience of delivering training sessions to operational colleagues
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.