Lead Data Consultant
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a Lead Data Consultant to join our team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of circa £50,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. Join our global English language teaching (ELT) publishing group and help make a difference to English language learners around the world. Your work will go directly towards creating Better Learning Experiences for millions of teachers, learners and institutions globally; whether it’s gathering insights, creating the content, or helping our customers to achieve meaningful results.
Working in close collaboration across our key international publishing hubs, you will have the opportunity to work on a world-class publishing programme. Join our diverse and collaborative workforce and we’ll support you in your career ambitions to achieve your full potential.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the Lead Data Consultant:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
As our Lead Data Consultant, you will show the way as Cambridge University Press adopts modern techniques and best practices to drive value from our enterprise data. We use agile practices as far as possible, in order to deliver value to our users early and frequently, while working at a sustainable pace.
A main challenge will be to establish reusable patterns to connect data from different sources; for this you will need the ability to create models and abstractions that support a shared “framework of understanding” across multiple teams. Collaborating with colleagues in all areas of the organisation, you need to communicate clearly and with integrity to aid understanding at all times.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that our data structures – both operational and analytical - are fit for purpose - accurate, reliable, timely and flexible enough to evolve in line with our processes, business systems and a rapidly changing business environment
- Provide plans and strategies to shape our data landscape and the way we share data insights with our customers, colleagues and partners
- Data quality is a key criteria for successful solutions and we expect you to recommend solutions that protect the quality and integrity of our data and of data belonging to our customers
What do we look for in a Lead Data Consultant?
- Leadership skills to lead the team in the Data and Insight department
- High level of professional expertise and an understanding of how the role fits within the overall business strategies
- Display a “can do” attitude as much of your workload will be business facing
- Ability to show support and trust in your team and colleagues sharing the workload
- Highly aware of how you spend your own time effectively, while being happy to engage with colleagues from different projects and teams all over the world
- Autonomy about how to do the job and we expect you to use that freedom to come up with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Ability to share your skills and experience with the rest of the team, provide necessary guidance and coaching, and in return you will be supported in your own development
- Demonstrate that you are unafraid of trying new tools, new ways of working, or new methodologies, and have the aptitude to learn quickly
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Lead Data Consultant.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by Wednesday 5th September.
Interviews will take place week commencing September 10th.