Operations Administrator (Settlements)
My client is looking for an Operations Administrator to join their busy team.
You will be working within the settlements team and will be responsible for ensuring all trades dealt in UK and International Equities by both Professional and Retail client are settled on the due date.
Your duties will include:
1. Ensure the timely settlement of UK and International transactions dealt on behalf of clients with nominee accounts.
2. Investigate and resolve reconciliation breaks.
3. Take the necessary action to ensure the resolution of all failing Crest trades by raising priorities on sales, and by chasing market makers for delivery of purchases.
4. Arrange to pay the stamp duty and complete the registration process for all UK residual purchases.
5. Utilise Figaro and the BNP Neolink system to input and settle International trades and stock transfers.
6. Dematerialise foreign shares held by clients in DRS form into our US account with BNP.
7. Work with Model B clients and with our Contracts team to ensure the smooth settlement of IPO`s and Placings.
8. Deal with stock received from registrars in Crest and allocate the stock to clients as instructed by our Model B clients.
9. Upon receipt of share certificates, allocate the stock as instructed by our Model B clients.
10. Settle unit trust trades in the Figaro system.
11. Escalate potential risk and exposure to departmental management in a timely and efficient manner.
12. Provide cover for other team members when required by learning other roles and broadening personal knowledge.
13. Monitor the Settlements email inbox to ensure all queries are responded to promptly.
14. Ensure that all established procedures are followed and make suggestions for improvement where necessary.
15. Employ strong networking skills to managing daily communications with retail clients, professional clients, service providers, external broking staff and internal staff.
16. Use excellent organisational skills so that the workload is prioritised based on risk and the work is still processed accurately when under pressure.
17. Take ownership and achieve resolution of issues in assigned tasks, showing flexibility in attitude and approach.
The successful candidate will have some office experience with an interest in building a career in the Financial Services industry.
If you are interested in the position then please apply today or email me your CV on
Apply for Operations Administrator (Settlements)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly