Sr. Backend Engineer - Payments
Job Title: Sr. Backend Engineer - Payments
Hours: 40+ hours
Salary: £105,000 – £125,000
Work pattern: 9am to 5pm
Employer: CB Payments Ltd
Number of positions: 1
CB Payments Ltd is a digital asset broker which hosts a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring and storing digital currency. Its head office Coinbase (headquartered in San Francisco, California) is the world’s most popular way to buy and sell bitcoin, Ethereum and litecoin.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Moving and transacting financial assets safely is core to executing on our vision and building our brand of trust. The payments team builds shared infrastructure for Coinbase and GDAX to securely store and trade billion dollars of assets. We take on hard engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on building high reliability services for product teams.
On payments, you will be tasked with helping Coinbase and GDAX expand to new markets and assets. You’ll work closely with product, infrastructure, fraud and security teams to add new cryptocurrencies to our platform, and to help expand to new countries around the globe. You will also be responsible for designing, building and maintaining scalable software systems used by over 9 million customers use to trade cryptocurrencies.
A little bit about our team: we take continuous learning to heart. We often dive into computational, financial and economic theory to better understand the engineering problems we face. We also make sure that we have the best tools for the job – we are thoughtful about code quality, testing an architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day, work primarily on microservices and have great monitoring, alerting and debugging tools for production. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
Main duties/responsibilities of the role include:
- build integrations with fiat banking partners in countries around the world, to make cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone;
- design secure and highly reliable services to integrate with blockchains and add new cryptocurrency assets to Coinbase and GDAX;
- write infrastructural services that provide secure storage, accounting and transactional services to help our customers trade assets safely;
- work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter;
- add positive energy in every meeting, and make your co-workers feel included in every interaction.
As a Sr. Backend Engineer - Payments, you must have/be:
- at least four years’ experience in software engineering;
- BS in Software engineering or relevant discipline
- designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service-oriented architecture;
- experience working with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or Redshift;
- experience building financial, high reliability or security systems.
- write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers;
- passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
CV's to be sent by email.
Closing date for applications is 6 September 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In order for CB Payments to receive each applicant’s consent to our Privacy Notice, please take the following steps when submitting your application:
- click the CB Payments Privacy Notice document from the Supporting Documents below;
- open the document;
- at the bottom of the document mark your consent using the interactive checkbox; and
- click save, and then send the document along with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.