At G's, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. G's is an incredibly exciting place to work. Being at the leading edge of modern food production means it's fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what's right for G's and our customers. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, underpinned by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do
A brilliant opportunity to join a forward thinking engineering team has arisen at our Barway site.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to help support our production team based in Ely, Cambridgeshire. You will be working to provide an efficient and effective maintenance service to machinery on site within our factory. You will carry out breakdown repairs & PPM to all services and building fabric across our site to suit business/production needs as directed by the Engineering Leader or Manager, ensuring tasks are prioritised in order that repairs are carried out with production downtime being kept to a minimum.
What We Are Looking For
We're looking for someone who is self-motivated, able to work effectively both on their own initiative and as part of a wider team and strives to achieve exceptional results. Experience working as a multi skilled engineer within manufacturing environment would be an advantage, ideally within a food or FMCG environment. To be successful in this role you must:-
- Must have electrical qualification with some type of mechanical competency
- Minimum of 3 years in the food manufacturing industry
- Good fault finding abilities
- Ability to work from drawings/plans
- Flexible approach
- Good mechanical abilities
- Proven knowledge from the fresh produce industry would be an advantage including multi head weighers, checkweighers, conveyor systems
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Must be a team player with good attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
- Able to motivate self and others in team
Working times may vary according to the season and demands of the business. Overtime and changes to hours will be required at short notice therefore the candidates will need to be flexible.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join Europe’s leading fresh produce companies as our Engineering Operative.
G’s are an equal opportunities employer.