Electronics Production Operator - Double Days / Late shift
We are recruiting immediately for a large and growing electronics / photonics business based in a state of the art facility in Torquay.
The Production Operator will focus on the detailed manufacture of high quality fibre-optic modules for cutting-edge technological uses including: signal transmission and amplification, motion detection, security, high volume production lines and medical instruments.
With appointments on a 'temporary-to-permanent' basis, you will spend the first several weeks of assignment undergoing product-specific training.
- Manual assembly of components - highly detailed, use of hand tools
- Producing a high volume of items to specifications
- Reading and understanding technical build instructions
- Working in a clean room environment
- Working methodically and efficiently while minimising wastage
Skills and Experience
- Good dexterity
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally working with small components
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- A good work ethic and a desire to grasp training opportunities
- Well organized, an ability to work to deadlines while maintaining standards
Working hours are on an alternating EARLY/LATE pattern or on a STANDARD LATE shift (shift premium applicable - GBP8.49/GBP9.31)
EARLY SHIFT; Mon-Fri 6am-2pm
LATE SHIFT; Mon-Thu 2pm-10pm, Fri 1pm-8pm
Training will typically be undertaken on day shift (8am-4.45pm) or early shift (6am-2pm)
Advancement is reviewed on a quarterly basis and benefits applied upon permanent appointment include extended holiday allowance and pension provision.
Local parking is available but due to lack of parking on site, travelling by bike, bus or on foot is ideal.