Head of Design
Job title: Head of Design
Location: our London office
Salary: £37,000 pa
Duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the design and development department, the Head of Design is ultimately responsible for new business development via sales and proposals varying from branding projects to site redesigns.
- This includes dealing directly with new business enquiries from the first phone call or email through to meetings, pitches and bespoke proposal production. This is based on target market research and an analysis of user data, when available.
- Once a new customer is incepted, the Head of Design is responsible for creating a unique project timeline for the rest of the department to work from and oversees website development and user testing.
- The Head of Design also runs the department, including managing and scheduling design and development team workflows, timelines and deadlines. This necessitates the maintaining and updating of Go Up's design and development process documents and protocols, and taking an active role in training and onboarding junior designers and developers.
- As Go Up has numerous departments, the Head of Design also works with senior team members and project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and to a very high standard.
- S/he should collaborate with other departments and team members to ensure that all design and development work produced reflects advances in the field and shows awareness of the latest trends.
Skills, qualification and experience required:
- At least 6 years of professional design experience across both online and offline media
- Mastery of the latest version Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- A Bachelors, ideally Masters-level or equivalent formal qualification in digital and/or graphic design
- Professional animation and video editing experience
- Professional photography and photo editing experience
- Professional logo and brand development experience
- Project management experience, particularly using online project management software such as Asana and Trello
- Professional experience in all aspects of digital design, from research, heatmapping and UX reviews through to wireframing, design development, A/B testing and overseeing development.
Closing date for applications: 4 September 2018