We are looking for a Support Officer to work for one of our clients in Leeds City Centre. This is a temporary long term assignment. The rate of pay will be £7 - The hours of work will be 37 Monday - Friday.
Your duties will include:
* To support safeguarding activity as defined by the unit manager
* Ensuring referrals from across the Asylum command are addressed quickly and where appropriate the need for intervention can be signposted to the authorities in a timely manner
* Dealing with various case works, operations and appeals
* Assessing destitution and considering applications for Asylum support
* Making well judged decisions on eligibility and ongoing support against a range of criteria
* Contacting external stakeholders providing a professional service in an often challenging environment
* Update management systems accurately and within the agreed timeframes
* Work to strict daily workload allocation and tasking; seeking advice where barriers are encountered;
* Work flexibly, adapting to changing priorities as necessary;
* Liaise with internal partners to meet joint objectives;
* To work positively with stakeholders and corporate partners when representing the Agency;
" To adhere to the Home Office obligations to safeguard children and
The ideal candidate will be a well presented individual who can work independently as well as within a team. Due to the sensitive nature of the work, candidates will be required to demonstrate excellent communication skills, emotional resilience and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable applicants. Good IT skills (Word/Outlook/Excel) are required.