Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Part Time Considered)
The Company has led the field of fluid engineering for over 70 years. Specialists in understanding how fluids behave, how they interact with each other and how they react with their surroundings, the Company take a problem solving approach to design, develop, validate and optimise processes for the benefit of our clients. Established in 1947, and privately owned since 1989, they are based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
They are seeking an adaptable and practical individual to work in a busy engineering test facility. The role involves providing electrical engineering design services, carrying out maintenance on existing electrical installations, plant & equipment, mentoring an apprentice electrical engineer as well as specifying, ordering and installing new electrical equipment.
Part-time hours would be considered.
The Candidate - Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualifications in Electrical Installation to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
- Qualified on IEE 18th edition electrical wiring regulations
- At least 2 years' experience of motors, starters and inverters
- At least 2 years' experience working on single phase and three phase circuits
- At least 2 years' experience in designing bespoke electrical systems
- Ability to specify, order and install electrical systems
- Ability to design, build and wire control panels
- Ability to take responsibility for maintaining all in-house electrical plant.
- Ability to perform and supervise PAT testing
- Mentoring an apprentice Electrical Engineer
- Sound knowledge of Process Instrumentation techniques
- Ability to calibrate in-house instruments using standard calibrating equipment
- Working knowledge of National Instruments DAQ systems
- Be comfortable working at heights
- Familiarity with working in ISO or similar procedure environment
- Ability to supervise sub-contract electricians
A competitive salary is offered with benefits and flexible working. Situated on the Cranfield University campus, we enjoy access to a wide range of social and recreational facilities as well as learning resources.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering Installations, Multi-skilled Engineer, Technical Engineer, Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Electrician and Industrial Electrician may also be considered for this role.