Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an IT Technician to work with in a large public sector organization in Hessle. The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide user focused second-line support for ICT services and to work on ICT developments that contribute towards meeting organizational objectives.
The duties of this role include:
- Undertakes second-line ICT support work, with a focus on returning users to ‘business as usual’ as quickly as possible.
- Identifies and resolves the underlying causes of ICT incidents to reduce the number of future occurrences, referring to third-line support as appropriate.
- Issues and commissions equipment
- Maintains and updates hardware details on the Configuration Management Database and maintains the Definitive Software Store and updates knowledge bases including the ‘Known Errors Database’ when incidents or problems are resolved.
- Creates, maintains and seeks to continuously improve second-line support documentation, procedures and support.
- Provides support for ICT hardware, software and networks, including bespoke applications ensuring a suitable level of first time fixes is achieved.
- Escalates calls through to the correct resource or third party supplier and monitors progress throughout the resolution lifecycle.
- Works with users to resolve their issues and proactively provides feedback to users until a resolution has been reached.
- Undertakes small scale projects to implement new or changed ICT services, ensuring the agreed balance of cost, quality and time.
- Undertakes background maintenance tasks in Active Directory/Group Policy and sets access permissions.
- Develops and maintains areas of the portal and internet based facilities and creates workflows in support of electronic service delivery.
- Provides on the job and familiarisation training to users/internal staff of various aspects of ICT, this includes guidance to prevent reoccurrence of previous incidents and development for new staff up into their role including permanent members of staff, contractors, trainees and apprentices.
- Supports colleagues undertake their role offering support, guidance, assistance and cover where appropriate, including covering for the ICT Service Desk and other first-line resources.
The ideal candidate:
- Can commission and install a wide range of ICT equipment and software, including services used in an operational setting.
- Detailed knowledge of computer based hardware and peripherals to component level.
- Understand and contributes towards the security framework required under relevant Codes of Connection for secure networks.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and apply them effectively, particularly around rapidly changing technology.
- Diagnosis, tenacity, patience analytical skills to fault find.
- Well-developed communications skills to provide meaningful feedback to users.
- Is able to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to resolve ICT issues and implement new services.
- Has a good understanding of ITIL processes and has a professional commitment to delivering support through this framework.
Hours of Work: Full –time, Monday to Friday.
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client. Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Apply for IT Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly