1 day left
- Full Time
Location | Portsmouth
Salary | £31,853 + competitive call out rates
Full time | Permanent position | Working 39 hours per week
Closing Date | Sunday 19 August 2018
VIVID Homes are a locally-based housing association – the largest landlord, with the most homes in Hampshire – who are totally committed to building more homes to help solve the desperate shortage in our region and tackle the challenge of rising homelessness.
There’s a critical lack of affordable housing. And we know there’s no quick solution. Our plan is to use our financial strength and development expertise to build more new homes than ever and maintain them to a high standard. Providing an efficient ‘right first time’ repairs and maintenance services to our properties is one of our top priorities.
Role and Responsibilities
We’re recruiting for an Electrician in Portsmouth. You will be expected to:
- Participate on the emergency on-call rota. As part of the on-call rota, you'll be paid at very competitive rates.
- Live within a suitable distance to be on site for your first job at 8.00am.
- Attend out of hours emergencies within a reasonable time frame.
As an Electrician you will:
- Carry out electrical repairs and installation work to our domestic and commercial properties.
- Make sure you conform with all current IEE Electrical Regulations whilst maintaining high Health & Safety standards.
- Fault find on circuits and appliances, carry out cyclical P.A.T testing and carry out the electrical testing.
- Assist the building contracts team when required on programmed works.
Key Skills and Attributes
You’ll need to have City & Guilds 2330 and 2391/4/5 (Inspect & Test) or equivalent, along with 17th Edition wiring regulations. Please highlight on your application if you're working towards these qualifications, should you not yet have them.
You’ll be able to demonstrate good all round electrical skills including testing, fault finding, repairs and installation. Experience working in domestic properties and/or for social housing would be an advantage.
You’ll also need a full current driving licence so you can drive a company van. Our offers are subject to satisfactory driving licence checks and a basic disclosure check.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
You will be directed to VIVID’s career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
NO CV’s – NO AGENCIES