IT Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk Analyst
Our client, an IT soltuions company for SMES and schools of all sizes has an opportunity for an IT Service Desk Analyst.
The role has responsibility for IT Service Desk support to customers, assisting them with incidents, problems, service requests and changes via phone, email and remote support.
A positive cheerful attitude is the most important quality our client looks for, you also need you to be able to communicate, problem-solve and understand the technical issues clients may face.
Flexible in approach to training and development, they recognise that we’re all individuals and have strengths in different areas. Everyone has an informal six month induction programme – this gives us the opportunity to identify your skills and find out what you’d like to achieve. Formal training is arranged when they can see where your passions lie.
Technical Skill Requirements
- Deployment, configuration and administration of Microsoft Client Operating Systems
- Configuration, management and administration of MS Server Operating Systems
- Exchange Server Management and Administration tasks
- Microsoft Office 365 configuration, administration and on-going management for customers
- Active Directory Configuration and Administration including group policy setup and management
- User setup and management including mailbox administration, security permissions and other user attributes configuration and management
- Strong understanding of Hyper-V
- Symantec Backup Exec,Altaro, Veeam, Backup Assist & any other backup solutions (Inc. robotic libraries and online pooled storage etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- LAN & WAN communications including router & firewall administration
- Understanding of WSUS
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Dell Sonicwall experience, configuring and administering.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral and demonstrable experience of dealing effectively with customers
- Maintain awareness of and follow company procedures and guidelines, including security, regulatory and quality policies, procedures and processes
- Excellent problem management and logical trouble shooting skills, with the ability to think creatively and laterally in respect to resolving problems
- Strong task and time management skills
- Excellent decision making skills, with the ability to organise, delegate, control and manage their own performance and to work as part of a team to the required quality standards
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with others in the organisation as well as with customers and third parties
- The ability to operate through periods of large scale organisational change
- The ability to quickly learn in order to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and problems
- A flexible approach to changing priorities
How to apply
Please apply here and our client will be in direct contact
This advert is being managed by Partners of Research Ltd. trading as Hiring People. Your details will be passed onto our client. In some cases, where our client is acting on behalf of another employer, your details will also be passed onto them. We expect our clients to hold your data in a responsible fashion, but ultimately have no control. Partners of Research Ltd and/or our client may contact you confirming receipt of your application. Your data will be located on servers both within and outside the EU.
Apply for IT Service Desk Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly