QUALITY CONTROL ASSISTANT -(Aseptic Pharmaceutical Specials)
QUALITY CONTROL ASSISTANT
Aseptic Pharmaceutical Specials
(Permanent 37.5 hours per week - Mon to Fri – worked on a Rota between 7am and 7pm)
Our client produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day to hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services.
Our client is part of a group which operates in the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors. Formed in 2000 at the University of Bath the company relocated in 2006 to its current home in Corsham. The company has continued to grow in both capability and capacity recently recognised in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 companies to inspire Europe 2016 and again in 2017.
With their multi-million-pound manufacturing facility in Corsham, Wiltshire – where they can offer you an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit. They are currently recruiting a Quality Control Assistant.
You will have a range of key responsibilities within the team to include:
- To work in the Quality Control Laboratory in a safe and effective manner and in accordance with the recommendations of the Guide to Good Laboratory Practice, local procedures and all relevant safety regulations including Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and report risks and poor practices.
- Undertake routine environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures.
- Undertake routine analysis on a range of products including raw materials, containers/packaging, and finished products according to the appropriate Standard Operating Procedure.
- Complete a variety of tests on microorganisms in order to confirm their identity.
- Assist with operator validations.
Applicants should have a grade C in GCSE Maths, English and Sciences and be passionate about science. Some previous laboratory experience is desirable.
Our client is looking for a well-motivated, enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work under pressure in this fast paced environment and contribute to their continuing growth. They must have good attention to detail, be able to work independently and follow written and oral instructions. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has shaken up commercial aseptic manufacture in the UK and is the only independent company specialising in the sector.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £18,744.50 per annum
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday (Increasing with service)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Our client is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a covering letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is – Monday 27th August 2018. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 5th September 2018. You will be contacted by Wednesday 29th August 2018 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.