Finance Manager – Oxford – Salary £40,000 - £50,000 - Ref: 17683
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the financial reporting, creation of improved controls and procedures and fulfilling the company's statutory obligations. They will also play a key role in audit preparation/liaison.
Finance Manager Responsibilities
As the Finance Manager, your duties will include:
- Prepare the monthly P&L and identifying exceptions so that accurate monthly accounts are prepared in line with the month-end timetable.
- Identify and improve areas that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures, processes and systems
- Create and maintain reporting for both internal and external business associates to aid better decision making
- Complete month end accruals and prepayments
Finance Manager Experience
To be a successful candidate for this role, you will be educated to a degree level or equivalent with a few years’ experience working perhaps in a similar role. However, you might also be operating at a level just beneath this position and are now looking for a step up! You will have excellent excel skills and be able to communicate strongly with all levels both verbal and written. You will have good knowledge of accounting policies and have a forward-thinking approach with a creative, problem solving approach.
Finance Manager Rewards
As the Finance Manager, you will benefit from:
- 25 days hols + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Great socialising events
- Working closely with a friendly and down-to-earth Financial Controller who is happy to delegate work to those looking for more and doing well!
Our client is located in Oxford (OX4). There is on-site parking available.
Our client is a market leading organisation within the publishing sector. With a friendly and nurturing culture, they are now looking for a Finance Manager professional to join their expanding business!