Digital Marketing Executive / Marketing Executive
Job Title: Digital Marketing Executive
Location: Pynes Hill, Exeter
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is the UK arm of a Content and eCommerce Company with offices across the United States, and now the world's largest craft media group, operating eCommerce stores, content sites, online education programs, video streaming subscriptions, book publishing, events and more. The role is based in Pynes Hill, Exeter, Devon.
To create engaging and data driven campaigns across a variety of media that support the business aims and drive revenue.
Campaign planning and delivery
- Assist and lead on various aspects of their customer communications, including briefing the design team, managing photoshoots, creation of assets, building emails, copy-writing, segmentation & targeting, campaign delivery and campaign optimisation
- Manage the delivery of website assets and email campaign content, ensuring its updated and relevant at all times
- Help to develop and optimise user experience across their websites
- Assist in the creation and delivery of SEO and data driven pages on the website to aid both organic search and site conversion
- Work closely with their Email counterparts in the USA, this includes scheduling email communications, implementing a test and learn programme and sharing best practice
- Direct and define the Email campaign plan - using commercially driven information and previous email results to ensure its optimised to drive exceptional results for the business
- Manage their Basket Abandonment email agency, including monitoring results, sharing assets and assessing new opportunities
- Lead on the offline direct mail program
- Proactively send monthly press releases to their PR contacts, maintain the PR database and respond to press queries
- Help strategise and execute the overall marketing strategy for all their channels and campaigns where appropriate, participating in regular brainstorms and team meetings
- Other marketing activities as directed by eCommerce Marketing Manager / Managing Director
Results and reporting
- Provide data and analytics to help inform decision making and planning
- Reporting on (and evolving as required) the metrics and KPIs that assess their effectiveness and ensure these are used to define new campaigns and refine existing processes
- Research and gain an understanding of their competitors and their position in the craft market
- Work closely with all relevant departments within The Company, especially Commercial, Content and Operations - ensuring that they are briefed in a timely manner actions are clear and they are in the loop on proposed marketing and promotional activities
- Represent The Company in positive way when liaising with their third party relationships
The successful candidate will be a proactive, digital marketing professional who is creative, technically savvy and comfortable using data. They will be used to generating strong campaign ideas from inception through to delivery and able to work with multiple teams, both internally and externally. Analytical by nature, they would be adept at post campaign analysis and able to make strong future recommendations. They will be used to a fast paced retail environment, ideally within the craft industry, although this isn't essential.
Education, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) and in the region of 2 years' experience in a marketing environment.
- Strong project manager - superior time management skills and proven ability to meet constant deadlines. Able to create content quickly but with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders to achieve company goals.
- Strong marketing and business management skills, with dedication to customer satisfaction and creating good user experiences.
- Solid knowledge of and ability to use analytical tools
- Experienced in using front end systems, email creation and delivery packages
- Knowledge of basic HTML, image manipulation (resizing, cropping, adjusting, optimising) and PDF creation.
- Experienced with SEO.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and highly fluid work environment.
To apply; please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Digital Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Email marketing, Online Marketer, SEO Assistant, Online Marketing Executive, SEO Specialist, Digital Marketer, Marketing Analyst, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Administrator, Marketing Assistant, Email Executive, Digital Marketing Analyst, SEO Specialist, HTML, CSS, Digital Marketing Officer may also be considered for this role.