Location: Newton Park
Rate of Pay: £21,585 - £25,728 per annum
Hours: Full time, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: 12 midnight GMT, Tuesday 21 August 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 30 August 2018
About the role
The College of Liberal Arts is looking for a Senior Administrator who will support the development of administrative processes and systems and deliver administrative support to students and staff of the College of Liberal Arts, overseeing the work of others in the team and acting as an escalation point for more complex queries and issues.
The Senior Administrator will be an active member of the Administration team, contributing improvement ideas, taking forward initiatives and independently delivering a wide range of administrative activities, the focus of which will be agreed with the Administration Coordinator.
They will support the work and development of productions, performances and events across the College, assisting academic and support staff with the co-ordination and administration of events as well as liaising with industry partners regarding operational issues.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to work in a rapid-moving production and performance environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the quality management functions managed within their areas and provide administrative and advisory support to academic and academic related staff in the management and improvement of academic quality and standards.
At Bath Spa University we work with one clear vision: to be a leading university in creativity, culture and enterprise. And we place collaboration at the heart of everything we do. With ever growing student numbers, we make sure our people are engaged and empowered by blending digital technologies, international perspectives, work-oriented connections and inspirational teaching. Together we’re on a journey to transform our students’ lives. And it starts with people like you.
What is the College of Liberal Arts?
The College of Liberal Arts brings together a wide variety of subjects from the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences. The College consists of four fields: Bath Business School, Culture and Environment, Music and Performance and Writing, Film and Digital Creativity. You may find yourself working across more than one of these fields.
Our staff includes internationally renowned professors and lecturers and professional services staff including technical demonstrators, technicians and administrators.
About you (requirements)
- We are looking for someone who has experience of supporting the development of administrative processes and systems and delivering administrative support to students and staff.
- The role holder will have proven experience of working successfully with others and independently to deliver a range of administrative activities.
- The successful candidate is someone who has a proven ability to work within set guidelines and procedures.
- They will possess good planning, coordination and organisational skills, and excellent problem solving abilities, including use of data and qualitative information to solve problems.
- The role holder will have had working experience of being responsible for the coordination and /or development of productions, performances and events across an organisation.
How to apply
We offer excellent facilities and benefits to our staff. These include a nursery, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, flexible working practices, an employee assistance programme, and family-friendly policies
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community