Export Sales Manager
Nigel Wright are delighted to be working with ievo, an independent UK based company that focuses on the design, manufacture and distribution of reliable and innovative biometric fingerprint recognition products. Based from their site in Newcastle upon Tyne, ievo are market leaders in biometric fingerprint readers for access control systems and time and attendance solutions for varied sectors including education, construction, factories, Governmental buildings and leisure. ievo export to a number of territories via distribution partners and are now looking to recruit an experienced Export Sales Manager to develop business and manage channel partners globally. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, market leading business and play a key role in developing their export business.The Role
Reporting into the Managing Director you will be a key member of the senior management team with responsibility for developing and driving ambitious growth plans across territories via both a distributor and direct network. You will take full ownership for the sales volume and profitability of these regions, so will be required to work with current distribution partners to develop incremental sales opportunities, as well as identifying and negotiating new partnerships where necessary.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Increase sales volume and profit through recruitment of new channel partners/direct export clients and effective management of existing distributors/direct export clients.
- Manage and develop the export team.
- Develop and implement export sales and marketing plans.
- Provide monthly sales forecast and assist in development of annual sales budget.
- Participate in key trade shows as needed.
- Monitor and report on external market factors including competitive information in order to make decisions and product/pricing recommendations.
Previous experience of exporting in technical markets and the ability to develop both new and existing business will be critical to success in this role so the successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of success in this area
- Demonstrable track record in international business development, sales or account management.
- Natural ability to influence and network both internally & externally.
- Experienced Sales Manager with a proven track record of managing a sales team to achieve targets
- Experienced in managing and working with international distributors.
- A passion for selling, negotiating and building relationships.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and often demanding technical sales environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Willing to travel for extended periods