Reports to: Commercial Director / Marketing & Comms Director / Operations Director
Nature and scope: Responsibility for the identification, planning and delivery of our clients portfolio of non-Rugby events, plus oversight of the match day spectator experience.
Location: Franklin's Gardens, Northampton
Our client is one of Europe's leading professional rugby clubs. It has a proud tradition as a club going back over 100 years and in the modern era of professionalism has consistently performed at the highest level winning both the key European and English Championships. The Club has also been highly successful in its off-field activities, both developing its infrastructure into one of the best dedicated rugby grounds in the country as well as being the only English Premiership Rugby Club to have been profitable for 16 years from 2000 to 2016.
Key role to ensure Franklin's Gardens is recognised as a leading multi purpose events venue in the UK.
Project management and revenue generating responsibilities, focused on building and delivering new event opportunities for Northampton Saints, as well as ensuring a best in class experience for supporters at Franklin's Gardens.
- Identify and secure a variety of non rugby events - for example concerts, mass participation events, community events, employee team building, food festivals, outdoor cinema etc.
- Deliver best-in-class operational and project management of non-rugby events from planning through to post event debrief, working with other departments as required.
- Plan and deliver best-in-class match day experience to excite & engage current/new supporter base.
- Oversee supporter focused match day activities – entertainment, fan village, big screen, half-time, wayfinding, PA/announcer, fan engagement etc.
- Management and organisation of all ceremonies & presentations (e.g. end of year presentation).
- Plan and deliver all non-Premiership rugby matches and events - eg Season Ticket Holder Forums, Premiership 7s tournaments, Mobbs memorial match etc.
The successful candidate should:
- Have excellent commercial judgement, creativity and drive to plan and implement revenue-generating events
- Have a strong track record in planning and delivering public facing events
- Be comfortable working with cross functional teams and external providers
- Have an understanding of supporter behaviours and best in class stadium experiences
Previous experience in a fan engagement, spectator experience or operational role at a high performance sports club, major events business and/or rights holder would be advantageous.Whilst not essential, an understanding of Rugby and its environment will be beneficial.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience and success in sourcing, planning and delivering events
- Evidence of a strong project management skillset
- Proven success at building excellent working relationships
- Evidence of sound commercial judgment and decision making capability
- Proven success at delivering against strategic objectives and driving revenue growth
- Collaborative and strong interpersonal skills
- Clear strategic thinking and planning, but hands on in approach.
- Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
- Results driven; thrives on challenge; action-orientated and pragmatic in approach
- Ability to think through effective solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent communicator with an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, and able to present a highly professional image when representing Northampton Saints
- Positive mindset; resilient and adaptable
- Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours on occasion during times of peak activity including evenings and weekends
- The role description, person specification, role grade and role title may be subject to change at the discretion of Northampton Saints and in accordance with business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate.
- Northampton Saints is an equal opportunities employer and would welcome applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
Closing date: 31 August 2018
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.