Paid Internship opportunity for 3 months
Based in Harpenden, 37.5 hours per week
Our client’s Building Society was first formed in 1953 and today continues to provide mortgages, savings and investments products to members through its Head Office in Harpenden and Branches across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
The Society holds values focussed on supporting the community in and around all its branch areas and this has been part of the Society's history since its foundation.
To further support these values, they will be offering an exciting paid intern opportunity to start immediately at their Head Office in Harpenden for a period 3 months. This position will be ideal for a graduate looking for work experience within an IT Department, supporting the Helpdesk function on a day to day basis; no experience is necessary but they will look for a reasonable level of computer skill and literacy and an individual who is enthusiastic with the right attitude to learning.
During the intern period, they aim to provide the following work experiences:
- IT support services to the Society’s infrastructure and business applications;
- Supporting technology to their branches;
- Understanding the needs of Information Security;
- Learning of IT skills and qualifications required for a IT Role;
- Working in a Building Society, a regulated financial firm;
- A look at the business processes in the Society’s other departments, such as finance, mortgages etc.
Their objective is to provide informed and useful on-the-job experience for an individual who may be considering a career in Information Technology or the Financial Services Sector.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply with your CV ASAP. Interviews will be held at the earliest opportunity.
Closing date: 26 August 2018
Our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should they receive sufficient applications.